How online and social media platforms are key drivers to jewelry purchasing decisions.
New York – In one of the most comprehensive research documents on jewelry related topics, The Plumb Club’s Industry & Market Insights 2021 underscores the importance of digital media. The study reveals how online and social media platforms are key drivers when making jewelry purchasing decisions and how a consumer utilizes these platforms across computer, tablet and mobile devices when researching jewelry.
The comprehensive consumer insight section provides these findings:
- 85% of consumers surveyed in this research are active on social media. The most popular platforms are Facebook (93%) and Instagram (73%). Other social media platforms significantly trail these with Twitter at 55%, Pinterest at 46% and Tik Tok at 31%.
- 59% of consumers say they have made purchases through social media.
- 35% of consumers say that they feel comfortable buying their fine jewelry online and 33% credit retailer websites as a major influencer in jewelry purchasing.
- When asked how they use technology for the purchasing process 79% research product online and 64% make their jewelry purchases online. When it comes to watches 54% of surveyed consumers have shopped online.
- Underscoring the importance of reputation and quality, 31% of consumers say they leave reviews for products online.
- When buying online 39% say that the most preferred method is a mobile device. 34% use a laptop, while 16% prefer a desktop computer and 12% a tablet – an important reminder that websites need to be intuitive and easily navigated across all devices.
The survey was a multi-focused study initiated by The Plumb Club, a coalition of 45 best-in-class suppliers to the jewelry and watch industry, with the help of Paola Deluca, The Futurist and, survey firm, Qualtrics. The study was conducted with a sampling of 1,049 men and women, from the ages of 25-60 with a focus on 10 “test markets” across the US. Respondents had all attended some college or higher, had a combined household income of at least $75K/year and claimed to have either purchased jewelry in the past year and/or were intending to purchase jewelry in the upcoming year.
Additional information from this expansive research will be made available in the coming weeks.
Retailers wishing more information on The Plumb Club Industry and Market Insights 2021 should contact a Plumb Club Member. For a full list of The Plumb Club Members, visit https://plumbclub.com/members/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org