We always look forward to welcoming our retailers to the TPC Pavilion in Las Vegas (June 1-5), but this year is unique because we have something special planned: The big reveal of our comprehensive The Plumb Club Industry & Market Insights 2023 market research and consumer survey report in its entirety.
On Sunday June 4th, at 11 a.m. on the JCK Main Stage, we’ll share the results of this months-long study so that you can use the data and insights to your advantage as you shop the show and make decisions for your fall/holiday lineup.
To further help you prepare for a successful JCK Las Vegas, TPC members have identified some potential best-sellers to check out during your tour of the pavilion. Plus: Our tips for surviving not just the show but the desert playground that is the Strip.
6 Reasons to Swing by The Plumb Club Pavilion
- TPC Info & Insights “After the June 4 presentation of The Plumb Club Industry & Market Insights 2023 market research and consumer survey report, we will be inviting retailers back to The Plumb Club Pavilion to meet our members, from whom they can request a copy of the research document,” says TPC director of marketing Michael O’Connor. “We believe the report’s findings will be a vital tool in the development—and success—of your retail strategy for the rest of the year.”
- Read All About It at Chatham
Hot off the presses, Tom Chatham, chairman, will be selling a signed copy of his newly published book The Chatham Legacy, An American Story. “This is a must-read for retailers, manufacturers, gemological professors, jewelry designers, and all other industry professionals who want to gain a real understanding of how the lab-grown category came to be,” says Monica McDaniel, Chatham VP of marketing.
- Gorgeous Marketing Assets at SDC Designs
“We’re offering fully customizable omnichannel holiday fashion campaigns and an innovative bridal campaign,” says company president Parag Desai. “This marketing support is designed to lead to more regional visibility, more new customers, and more sales.”
- Newness at KP Sanghvi
“KP Sanghvi has designed a new collection of trend-driven, aspirational, and attainable fashion jewelry that caters to the smart, sophisticated shopper visiting your stores make up this beautiful collection,” says Jennifer Dressing, the company’s senior VP of merchandising and product development.
- Grab and Go at Wilkerson Express
“Our booth in The Plumb Club is a playground for jewelry buyers and jewelry lovers,” says Russ Whitehouse, director of operations. “Every piece of jewelry is live, what you choose we put aside and it goes in your ‘pick.’ Buyers who are pressed for time tell us what price ranges they are looking to fill and we can present that price range. Coming early presents the opportunity to see spectacular jewelry that we might only have one or two pieces of available.”
- Free Gift at The Kingswood Company
“For the first time ever, The Kingswood Company is inviting visitors to JCK to stop by their booth in The Plumb Club for a free product sample of their popular Sparkle + Shine® Stick,” says president and CEO Kristie Nicolosi.
Found it! TPC Members Already Have Your Next Best-Seller
Searching for your next best-seller at JCK? The super successful products don’t always announce themselves from the get-go but here’s what can help you track them down: Throughout the beginning half of the year, some TPC members have offered buyers mini sneak peeks of new product at other shows and private meetings. The feedback they’ve received means they already know what styles are projected to perform well in other markets.
And you don’t have to wait till JCK to check them out. Here’s a window on the most buzzed-about jewelry that TPC members will be showcasing in Las Vegas. Take note now and see them in person come June. Easy, right?
“We’re seeing a lot of action in fashion pendants with an ‘Old West’ theme, maybe influenced by [the Peacock network show] Yellowstone. Think: Arrowheads, longhorns, horseshoes and eagles,” says Valerie Fletcher, merchandise manager at ODI.
And if your customer loves nature and animal motifs? You’ll have to “sea” ODI’s newest creatures for yourself!
KP Sanghvi has spent most of the year developing and expanding its bridal offerings to include hidden halos, traditional compositions, and other trending styles. “We tested new designs with several retailers and the results have been positive,” says Jennifer Dressing, senior VP of merchandising and product development.
The team at Goldstar Jewellery is leaning into the classics. “Basics that sell day-in and day-out will always be proven winners,” says executive vice president of sales Adam Gerber. Bridal inserts—a split double-band that fits around the engagement ring (also known as a ring enhancer or ring jacket) is also a category that’s gaining momentum and “encompasses all ranges of styles, including colored diamonds,” he adds.
Wilkerson Express is also promoting wedding and engagement jewelry. “What has made our Petite Bridal collection so successful was the field testing we did for two years,” says Russ Whitehouse. “It offers great mountings, great prong work, fabulous, finished engagement ring styles with matching wedding bands, nothing lab grown. And prices start at $700 and up.”
SDC Creations is promoting its new Tailored Tags collection to capitalize on the personalization trend. Every piece is “a statement of individuality stamped into a golden crest,” says president Parag Desai. “The possibilities are endless, especially if you customize your jewelry with laser engraving.”
At Lali Jewels, color may prove to be the key to a stellar holiday season with a full jewelry wardrobe of rainbow sapphire styles, amethyst statement rings, and pastel pearls.
And if you’re looking to add to or upgrade your jewelry care and cleaning assortment, The Kingswood Company will be unveiling new packaging for its popular Clean + Care® product line. “We have elevated the design of the line’s packaging to heighten its shelf appeal, approachability and giftability,” says president and CEO Kristie Nicolosi.
JCK Las Vegas 2023 Survival Guide
It may feel like every JCK show is the same year after year, but there are always improvements to the retailer/buyer experience. “You can create a plan of attack to cover your needs in all areas—from machines/tools, merchandise basics, designer and high-end, diamonds and gems, as well as various services—with the help of the JCK mobile app and the online exhibitor list,” says Sarin Bachmann, group vice president of RX Jewelry Group. “Map these areas out so that you cover all the sections of the show, and most importantly, leave ample time to explore and discover new vendors and trends that will shape the industry for the year to come.”
Bachmann’s Best Tips
“Take it from somebody who has walked many trade shows: Bringing multiple pairs of comfortable (but stylish) shoes is key. Don’t wear the same pair of shoes two days in a row and don’t use this time to break in a new pair. These days, fashionable sneakers are in style which is great news for our feet!”
- “Save time for fun at JCK! There will be a lot of creative activations around the show floor along with networking and other social gatherings. All of these are designed to inspire, spark joy, create connections and give you a chance to share with your customers the excitement of seeing everything at JCK.”
- “Share what you see on the show floor and at The Plumb Club Pavilion on your social networks to get your customers excited to come to your store after JCK and learn about all the trends and new pieces you discovered.”
As for The Plumb Club, we’ve been at this for 30+ years and have some tips of our own. Check out our members’ best advice below.
- Be prepared: Bring at least one customer-facing outfit in your carryon bag in case your luggage gets lost.
- Be well: Pack any medications in your carryon or handbag.
At The Show
- Charge it: A properly charged-up phone allows you to keep in touch with your team and vendors onsite and with store staff at home. You will also need a healthy phone battery to take multiple photos and videos of pieces you love (to share on your social channel or with individual clients) in real time. Consider switching to “low battery mode” in your smartphone settings to get more mileage out of you charge. Pro tip: The TPC business center always has a phone charger.
- Learn and leverage: Attend Today’s Changing Customer: Who, When and What They’re Buying! on Sunday, June 4, to keep abreast of the latest consumer insights in the jewelry category. This will be our formal presentation of The Plumb Club Industry Market Insights 2023, a multi-faceted and comprehensive study, undertaken this year to help define today’s consumer, learn what influences their purchase decisions, what they’re looking for and where they go to get it. (All TPC members will have copies of the research available to retailers so take the opportunity to say hello to one of your favorite Plumb Club vendors.)
- Discover and explore: Use the show to see and learn about a new vendor who you may not be as familiar with.
- Mingle! Use JCKs lineup of events to network and forge new connections.
Health & Wellness
- Hydrate: The TPC cafe provides complimentary water to retailers, and drinking a bunch of it is essential to thriving in Vegas’ desert climate (even with the AC blasting).
- Stay in the zone: East coasters should try to remain on their original time zone, which for many will facilitate time to work out in the morning before the show, catch up on work emails and more.
- Moisturize: No amount of lotion for hands, face, and body is enough. Also, ask your hotel for a humidifier in your room .
- Relax: Take breaks during the day to rejuvenate. The Plumb Club’s Pavilion Spa is destined to be a retailer favorite.
- Fortify: Very few of us have time for a sit-down lunch off the show floor. Keep your energy levels up with refreshments and snacks at The Plumb Club Pavilion Cafe.